The TOBY Awards is more than the result of a one-year competition. It is the reward of many years of dedication and attention to detail and of relentless passion for excellence. It is truly evidence of the character of all of those who contribute to making it happen. A reputation is the opinion of others — and all the nominees have earned an outstanding reputation. Character is who you are.
Since 1985, The Outstanding Building of the Year Award has been recognizing excellence in building management, operating efficiency, tenant retention, emergency planning and community impact. It is among the most prestigious and comprehensive programs of its kind.
At the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International’s annual conference in Nashville TN, 13 commercial properties were honored with The (2022) Outstanding Building of the Year® (TOBY®) Awards. The competition featured 62 buildings from eight BOMA International regions vying in multiple categories based on property type or size. These buildings first won a TOBY Award from their BOMA local association and then went on to compete and win at the regional level. Judging is based on criteria that includes community impact, occupant and employee relations, sustainability, accessibility, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators. A team of industry experts also conducted comprehensive building inspections.
The 2022 BOMA International TOBY Award winners are:
1. Corporate Facility: 190 Simcoe Street in Toronto. Owned by the Canada Life Assurance Company and managed by Great-West Life Realty Advisors.
2. Earth: 11 Madison Avenue in New York City. Owned and managed by SL Green Realty Corp.
3. Historical Building: Canada Life Building in Toronto. Owned by the Canada Life Assurance Company and managed by Great-West Life Realty Advisors.
4. Industrial Building: 6990 Creditview Road in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Owned by MNBP Single & Flex Holdings Inc. and managed by QuadReal Property Group.
5. Mixed-Use Building: Rowes Wharf in Boston. Owned by Prime Property Fund/Residences at Rowes Wharf and managed by JLL.
6. Renovated Building: Presidents Plaza in Chicago. Owned by Glenstar Properties LLC and Angelo Gordon & Co. LP. It is managed by Glenstar Properties.
7. Suburban Office Park Low-Rise: Lakeview Corporate Center in Westlake Village, California. Owned by LBA Realty Fund III-Co. XII LLC and managed by LBA Realty.
8. Suburban Office Park Mid-Rise: Greenhill Towers in Addison, Texas. Owned by Codina Partners and managed by Crescent Property Services.
9. Under 100,000 Square Feet: 7 Post Office Square in Boston. Owned by Nuveen Real Estate and managed by Cushman & Wakefield.
10. 100,000-249,999 Square Feet: Granite Place at Southlake Town Square in Southlake, Texas. The property is owned and managed by Granite Properties.
11. 250,000-499,999 Square Feet: Mandalay Tower 2 in Irving, Texas. Owned and managed by Parmenter Realty Partners.
12. 500,000-One Million Square Feet: 150 North Michigan in Chicago. Owned by CBRE Investment Management and managed by CBRE.
13. Over One Million Square Feet: 10 Hudson Yards in New York City. Owned by Legacy Yards Tenant LP and managed by Related Hudson Yards.